The college offers several opportunities for faculty and staff to participate in research. Each department has experienced mentors willing to work with new faculty and students.
The Office of Research offers seed grant funding for preliminary studies, which could lead to sponsored funding. Researchers also have an opportunity to meet on a quarterly basis with the Associate Dean of Research to discuss relevant issues.
- UFCD Seed Grant Funding: Office of Research
- UF Office of Research Internal Support Programs (UF Research and Graduate Programs)
- Research Opportunity Fund Grants
External Resources for Sponsored Funding
- UF Office of Research Proposal Development Resources
- UF Office of Research Resources for External Funding
- Subscribe to receive email funding alerts through the UF Office of Research
- Request a personalized funding search
- Federal Grant Programs
National Institutes of Health
- Standard Postmark/Submission Date for Competing Applications
For application forms pre-filled with institutional information for new unsolicited R01s, contact the UFCD Office of Research, at 352-294-5440.
- eRA Commons
- UF Registration Form for Commons
Health Resources and Service Administration (HRSA)
Grants.gov allows organizations to electronically find and apply for competitive grant opportunities from all Federal grant-making agencies. Grants.gov is the single access point for over 1000 grant programs offered by the 26 Federal grant-making agencies.
- NIH Office of Extramural Research Electronic Submission of Grant Applications
- NIH Office of Extramural Research Electronic Submission of Grant Applications Introducing the SF424 (R&R)
- Frequently Asked Questions Regarding the Usage of Person Months
- Subscribe to Listserv for updates on electronic submission program
- Grants.gov Applicant User Guide
Resources for Researchers
National Institutes of Health, Center for Scientific Review
- NIH Peer Review Revealed (video)
- NIH Tips for Applicants (video)
- What Happens to Your NIH Grant Application (video)
- Evaluation of Unallowable Resubmission and Overlapping Applications
- How Is the New Scoring System Working?
- Grant Writers’ Seminars & Workshops LLC – The Grant Application Writer’s Workbook
- Medical Writing, Editing & Grantsmanship by writedit.wordpress.com
- Preparing Competitive NIH Applications for Enhanced Peer Review PDF of Powerpoint slides and corresponding notes reviewing shorter application format and enhanced peer review and scoring processes (2010)
- Introduction to the NIH for Early Career Stage Investigators PDF of Powerpoint slides and corresponding notes providing a broad introduction to all things NIH and reviewing early career funding mechanisms (2010)