NIH has released a Notice of Intent to Publish Funding Opportunity Announcements for the Rapid Acceleration of Diagnostics – Radical (RADx-rad) Initiative. The purpose of the Notice is to alert the community that NIH plans to publish multiple Funding Opportunity Announcements (FOAs) as part of the RADx-rad initiative to support new, non-traditional approaches and new or non-traditional applications of existing approaches addressing current gaps in COVID-19 testing.
NIH plans to publish RFAs and NOSIs related to the following RADx-rad topics:
- Novel Biosensing for Screening, Diagnosis and Monitoring of COVID-19 From Skin and The Oral Cavity
- Chemosensory Testing as a COVID-19 Screening Tool
- Exosome-based Non-traditional Technologies Towards Multi-Parametric and Integrated Approaches for SARS-CoV-2
- Multimodal COVID-19 surveillance methods for High Risk Populations in densely populated facilities
- Predicting Viral-Associated Inflammatory Disease Severity in Children with Laboratory Diagnostics and Artificial Intelligence (PreVAIL kIds)
- Automatic detection and tracing of SARS-COV-2
- Wastewater detection of SARS-COV-2 (COVID-19)
- RADx-rad Data Coordination Center (DCC)
Please note, this is a quick turnaround time for funding. The estimated publication date of Funding Opportunity Announcements is July 17-31, 2020; applications are estimated to be due in September 2020; and the earliest award date will be December 2020. Please contact either Orlando Lopez (email@example.com) or Amanda Melillo (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
For the full announcement and more information on each of the initiatives, please visit: https://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-OD-20-144.html