The NIH is deeply concerned for the health and safety of people involved in NIH research, and about the effects on the biomedical enterprise in the areas affected by the HHS declared public health emergency for COVID-19. Due to the potential exceptional impact, we want to assure our recipient community that NIH will be doing our part to help you continue your research.
This is a rapidly evolving situation and we will provide updated guidance and information as it becomes available.
Proposal Submission & Award Management
- NIH Late Application Policy Due to Public Health Emergency for United States for 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) – NOT-OD-20-082
- General Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – Proposal Submission and Award Management Related to COVID-19 – NOT-OD-20-083
- Flexibilities Available to Applicants and Recipients of Federal Financial Assistance Affected by COVID-19 – NOT-OD-20-086
Human Subjects & Clinical Trials
- Guidance for NIH-funded Clinical Trials and Human Subjects Studies Affected by COVID-19 – NOT-OD-20-087
- FDA Guidance on Conduct of Clinical Trials of Medical Products during COVID-19 Pandemic
- OLAW Webinar: Pandemic Contingency Planning and Its Impact on Animal Care – March 19, 2020 1:00 PM
- Flexibilities for Assured Institutions for Activities of Institutional Animal Care and Use Committees (IACUCs) Due to COVID-19 – NOT-OD-20-088
- Based on NIH Guidance on Travel and Meetings, in-person NIH peer review meetings are being held in alternate formats. Scientific review officers will be in contact with peer reviewers about these changes.