Beginning July 6, 2016 the University is implementing the final phase of UFirst, the web-based system for managing UF’s sponsored programs. This phase involves the creation and maintenance of sponsored awards received via the UF Division of Sponsored Programs (DSP). All active awards will be converted and available for viewing and management when the system is available July 6.
Please be advised of the following:
- DSP will no longer issue notice of awards (NOAs) via an email with a PDF NOA attached. Principal Investigators (PI) will receive emails via the UFirst system with directives for establishing a new award.
- All business and compliance processes related to proposal submission and award administration will be managed via the UFirst website.
- Online Financial Conflict of Interest statements must be completed by ALL Key Personnel prior to the release of any award. Note: this requirement has been expanded to include ALL awards, not just federal, per a State of Florida’s directive. In addition, the PI will complete the Award Compliance form in UFirst. Visit the following instruction guides for more information:
- All required training will be tracked in the UFirst module. DSP will not release awards until all training is complete. If you are unaware of what training(s) you need, visit the Research Training Utility website (RSH220 & RSH260 are mandatory for all PIs).
- IRB and IACUC approvals will be monitored in UFirst.
- All correspondence regarding a specific award should be submitted through the award record in UFirst. This includes (but not limited to) requests for extensions, budget modifications, cost accounting exemptions and correspondence to sponsors that require institutional acknowledgement.
The Office of Research expects faculty to contact the office for assistance with these requirements. Staff is prepared to facilitate this transition and looking forward to operating in a more robust electronic system.
Resources to help:
- RSH282 training sessions are available. Register at http://mytraining.hr.ufl.edu/
- Instruction guides are available and will continue to be posted to the Grants Toolkit