UFCD Student Seed Grant
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: SEED GRANT AWARDS FOR UFCD STUDENTS
|Funding||Due to limited funds, grants are awarded on a competitive basis up to $3,000 maximum, depending on the availability of funds and number of meritorious applications.|
|Award Period||1 year, with a no-cost extension for up to 1 additional year possible|
All UFCD dental and advanced education students.
IDP PhD/MS students are not eligible.
|Proposal Deadlines||July1 and Dec1|
|Contact||Robert A. Burne|
The primary objective of the Seed Grant Program for UFCD students is to promote independent student research, by providing short-term support for novel research projects. The application process is intended to assist students, and to develop and clearly delineate the reasoning and approaches of a project, under the advisement of the mentor(s). Projects may include:
- Testing a new and well defined hypothesis
- Testing the feasibility of an approach or experimental design
- Gaining experience with new or unfamiliar methods
The request may not supplement currently funded research projects of the applicant’s mentor(s); whereas techniques, patient populations, etc. may coincide with those of the home laboratory; the specific aim/hypothesis to be tested in the proposed project must be unique.
Mentors must be full-time faculty of UFCD, with demonstrated research expertise in the form of publications and/or extramural funding.
Applicants must adhere to the font and page format limitations, as well as the following: Guidelines
- Arial font, black color, 11-point font size, single space
- 1/2 inch margins
- No header, but with consecutive page numbers in the center of footer.
- No fillable fields in any included documents.
- Print text documents to PDF, but do not scan documents to PDF.
- Disable all security features in the PDF document
- When naming your PDF file, do not use special characters or spaces in the file names.
Applicants must submit the entire package as one PDF file, via Beverly Davies, UFCD Office of Research. Applications not conforming to the format instructions will be returned without review.
Applications must be prepared according to the following application template. Applications not conforming to these instructions will be returned to the applicant without review.
Cover Page (1 Page)
- Student: First, Middle & Last Name, Position/Title, Department, Phone, Fax & Email
- Mentor: First, Middle & Last Name, Position/Title, Department, Phone, Fax & Email
- Descriptive Title of Project: (14 words or less)