Training Opportunities and Instruction Guides
TRAINING OPPORTUNITES AND INSTRCUTION GUIDES
Faculty and Staff
All faculty and staff receiving and/or managing grants must take the following compliance courses:
- Cost Principles RSH 260 Faculty and Staff
- Effort Fundamentals RSH 220 Faculty and Staff
- Effort Management RSH 230 Staff
For more information regarding compliance training visit the UF Office of Sponsored Programs (DSP) training website: UF DSP Training. The site provides information regarding the following training topics:
- Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC)
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Export Controls
- Financial Conflict of Interests
- Responsible Conduct of Research
The site is updated frequently and will reflect current training requirements for research faculty and administrative staff.
Contact the University’s Division of Human Resource Services Training and Organizational Development office for more training opportunities and requirements.
Faculty and staff involved with research and clinical services are required to take the Health Science Center’s Research Billing Risks compliance course, RAC 810. The College of Medicine’s Research and Compliance office offers comprehensive training in billing compliance for studies conducted in the College of Medicine. RAC Research Billing Compliance Training Series
Research Administration Research administration can be complex, especially in an academic environment. The following training links can assist those who work with research or contract and grants administration to navigate the layers of policies and procedures that affect awards.
- UF Toolkit Instructions for most UF administration in myUFL
- UFirst Toolkit Proposal and contract submissions
- RAFT Research Administration and Financials Training
- Pro 3 Series Comprehensive training for administrative professionals
Other training in research administration.
- CRA Certification Certified Research Administrators
- NCURA NATL Council of University Research Administrators Education Programs
- Research Admin Glossary Provided by UCLA, a comprehensive list of common acronyms
- Writing Successful Grants Online grant writing seminar (previously recorded)
- NIH Grants & Funding NIH guidance for proposal writing