The National Institutes of Health (NIH) is a US federal agency devoted to medical and translational research. It is the largest source of funding for medical research in the world. NIH sponsors 27 institutes and centers, each with a specific research focus. The College of Dentistry receives significant funding from the National Institutes of Dental and Craniofacial Research.
NIH Links NIDCR Links
- NIH Main Page NIDCR Main Page
- NIH Grants and Funding NIDCR Grants and Funding
- Research & Training NIDCR Careers and Training
NIH Electronic Research Administration eRA Commons is an online interface where grant applicants, grantees and federal staff at NIH and grantor agencies can access and share administrative information relating to research grants. To request an eRA commons account complete the eRA commons registration form found at the UF Division of Sponsored Research website.
“The Center for Scientific Review is the portal for NIH grant applications; their initial review for scientific merit. We organize the peer review groups that evaluate the majority of these applications. Our mission is to see that NIH grant applications receive fair, independent, expert, and timely reviews — free from inappropriate influences — so NIH can fund the most promising research.”
Other NIH Links
- NIH News and Events Latest news and events from the Office of Extramural Research
- NIH Grants Policy Guidance for the management of NIH grants
- Forms and Deadlines Grant application forms and general deadlines for submission