- UFRF Professorship Award – February 26th
- Spring Synergy Applications – March 11th
- Summer Research Application – March 18th
- Research Honors Applications – March 25th
Notification from Dr. David Norton, UF Vice President for Research: New Public Access Policy Requirements.
As a result of an Executive Directive from the Office of Science and Technology Policy, all federal agencies will begin to require the results of federally-funded research be made freely available to the general public. The National Institutes of Health has for some time required published research articles from NIH-funded research to be deposited in the NIH PubMed Central repositories. For all new research grants and contracts received on or after January 1, 2016 from the National Science Foundation, National Aeronautics and Space Administration, Department of Agriculture, Department of Defense and Department of Energy, recipients will be required to deposit research articles generated as a result of federal funding in agency-specific repositories.
It is the responsibility of the award recipient to be aware of the agency-specific requirements and ensure that research articles generated as a result of federal funding are deposited in agency-specific repositories in a timely manner. Please see http://cms.uflib.ufl.edu/scholcomm/publicaccess.aspx for a list of the agency-specific requirements and repositories.
NIH/AHRQ Announce Upcoming Changes to Policies
College Research Meetings
- UFCD Research Committee Meetings – The College Research Committee meets monthly and is charged with “stimulating interest in research by faculty members and students, review stimulus grant applications and to communicate to students and faculty members the availability of research opportunities.”
- UFCD Research Faculty Quarterly Meeting – This quarterly meeting is conducted by the Associate Dean for Research and provides an opportunity for faculty to communicate their ideas and discuss concerns in regard to research activity. Invited speakers from UF core offices (DSP, IRB, IACUC, and Compliance) will usually attend.