The UFCD Office of Research is committed to providing assistance to faculty, staff and students in the College of Dentistry. The office staff works in conjunction with the UF Health Science Center and the UF community to facilitate research opportunities and sponsored funding. The office is a resource for:
Office of Research Organizational Chart
click on chart to enlarge information
The Office of Research is on the third floor of the UF Dental Tower in room D3-43. Questions? (352) 294-5440 or DN-Office-of-Research@ad.ufl.edu.
- Robert Burne, Ph.D., As the Associate Dean for Research, Dr. Burne facilitates research endeavors which benefit faculty and students. Dr. Burne also provides leadership in both the scientific and administrative communities.
- Kathy Galloway, CRA The Assistant Director for Research Administration has oversight of the day to day operations of the Office of Research. Kathy’s expertise is award administration, and contract and grant management.
- Grant’s Specialist provides guidance and resources in the area of proposal preparation and pre-award; reviews and approves proposal submissions at the college level. UFCD Office of Research is the contact for the Seed Grant Program.
- Denise Webb, As the administrative assistant for the Office of Research, Denise manages the student research programs. She provides administrative assistance to the Associate Dean of Research and coordinates college-wide events such as Spring Synergy.
Grants Accounting Core
- Ronda Breton, Ronda focuses on accounting, including payroll distributions for all grant personnel, budget transfer requests, assists with audits of sponsored research accounts, and oversight of reporting and closing of all grant projects; and also ensures adherence to agency, UF, state, and federal guidelines.
- Christi Mason, Christi provides project summary reports to principle investigators and departmental administrators, and meets to financially plan and review expenditures on all grant accounts including the overhead account. She is a liaison between PIs and sub-awards to ensure consortium agreements are established, assists with audits of sponsored research accounts, and ensures adherence to agency, UF, state, and federal guidelines.
- Lori Wooten, Lori reconciles all grant accounts on a monthly basis including IDC accounts, enters new and revised IDC distributions into F&A manager, assists with audits of sponsored research accounts, assists with closing of projects, and ensures adherence to agency, UF, state, and federal guidelines.
- Zina Zander, Zina supports investigators by offering assistance with proposal preparation and award administration. She also assists the college with collection of grants data by developing queries and designing reports.
|Oral Biology||Denise Dorman||352-273-8828|
|Community Dentistry and Behavioral Science||Jennifer Rich||352-273-5979|
|Restorative Dental Sciences||Linda Tanner||352-273-5831|
|All other departments||Christina Mason||352-294-8118|